Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
I came upon this article in InsideEVs this morning entitled "PlugStar Hopes to Train Dealerships to Sell Electric Cars" and kind of chuckled a bit and scratched my head at the same time. Found the idea of an outside entity coming in to teach a dealership about how to sell a car they already sell a bit of a stretch, but at the same time know a number one complaint about why dealership EV sales are so low is that they don't know how to sell them. So I read the article. Quite lengthy but also quite informative and enlightening on many fronts. This article (a reprint from "Charged Issue 40 - November/December 2018) and PlugStar's philosophy and approach have really convinced me their existance is going to help the EV movement get a good jump start in the right direction. Lots of smart ideas.

Link to article: How PlugStar Trains Dealerships To Sell Electric Cars

Here's the link to PlugStar by Plug In America's website, designed to help make researching and buying an EV an easier, more informed decision for people just coming into or thinking of coming into the EV world.

PlugStar

I chose a Tesla Model 3LR vehicle on their site and was very much disappointed see what info it came up with on Safety-- it showed "N/A" for a NHTSA Rating and "NO" for the IIHS Top Safety Pick. While not all models of the Model 3 have been NHTSA rated, the 4 DR RWD 2018 version has been and received 5 stars across all categories. Sure seems like a huge oversight on PlugStar's site and something that certainly would sway safety-minded purchasers looking for a well-built and safe EV to purchase. I think this rating came out in September of 2018 so don't know why it hasn't been included.

2018 TESLA MODEL 3

While the IIHS hasn't fully rated the car yet, they have given it a "Superior" rating on Crash Avoidance & Mitigation and a "Good" on headlights on certain trims. Again not mentioned.

2018 Tesla Model 3

Update on this PlugStar/Plug In America website.

Well decide to check it out more with regard to the info that they provide on Tesla's Model 3. Apart from NO current info on the NHTSA or IIHS ratings, I noticed that when you went to see what home level 2 chargers they recommended, no where did they list Tesla's HPWC one. I made two attempts to send feedback once on the lack of ratings and then on Tesla's HPWC not listed and as I was about to send another feedback email on the Max charge rate, saw that both my previous 2 emails to their feedback URL BOUNCED saying the account (which you link to and they listed) doesn't exist. NICE! :mad:

<[email protected]>:
550: 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.

BTW I wrote to InsideEV about using PlugStar/Plug In America's site and relying on it for purchasing decisions and mentioned the fact that there was no way to send feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjrandorin