Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] Surprised 100D only cost 3000 extra? Missed the boat?

Surprised that 100D only cost 3000 extra? (Model S and X)

• Wow, it is the bargain of the century!! Ordering one now, or switching my order!

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Great value, but still a very expensive car

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Oh crap, the value of my 90D just dropped like a rock with 3k difference

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • God, I already ordered/received 90D, unable to switch. Pissed that I just missed 100D!

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • A bit disappointed that I missed 100D. But the best time to buy tech product is always next year.

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • I am lucky. Able to switch my order with free unlimited supercharging to 100D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will still buy 90D and save 3000 dollars

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I am keeping or still order 60 or 75 kwh battery

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • It is fine. I will wait for 110D or 120D next year

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 17 23.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The point is you voted someone down because they said they lost equity which they valued at 2000 and that was obvious to you in your response.

How Tesla "prices" things is irrelevant because it's calculated into the retailer pricing.

The price premium can be represented via one of two ways to the consumer.

3000 + X where X is the actual number that they spent on electricity beyond the free credits.

3000 + Y where Y is the willingness to pay from the consumer or FUSC. In @Shaggy's case, Y=2000. How this is represented in the math prior to 1-15-2017. It would be like setting the cost of the base model S to Z. Z is the current price -2000. Y is mandatory and so Z + Y was the current price prior to 1-16-2017.

Z increases by 2000 but Y is removed From the car.

That's how you arrive at why Shaggy felt it was a 5k increase.

All this makes me think Tesla might sell FUSC in the future and make it a profitable option to them.
^^^^^^
Yes, I was valuing the lifetime super charging at $2k as I hope to keep the car for at least decade. Quite a few round trips to Houston and back a year (from Austin)... maybe a trip to Ft. Stockton, Florida, or even Fremont.

I'd hope they'd maybe either change to allow a double allowance the first year or carry over so you could build up for a trip.

ANd poo, ventilated seats are gone with no price drop, unless Tesla also valued them at zero due to their reported quality. ;-)

Oh, I like quizzes. Um, $3 increase, Free shipping means it's baked in, and the surgeon was the guy's mother.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: MXWing