Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll : What is your average daily miles on FSD Beta ?

How many miles, on average, do you drive daily on FSD Beta ?

• 0 - Have FSD Beta, but I don't use it

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • 1-5

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • 6-10

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 11-15

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • 16-20

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • 21-25

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 25-30

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • >30

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Use it daily on my commute which is 100% surface street, ~17miles round trip. I also average 2-3 interventions (not counting accelerator pedal to encourage it to go on stop signs). Interventions are almost always to correct dumb lane choices.

I’ve had FSD since 10.5… I think; In all my commutes I can probably count the number of truly 0 intervention drives on one hand. All of them when I left for work early so traffic was very light.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
I must be the odd one out or one of the few that respond to these type threads. I have used FSD and Beta since 10.5 (currently 10.9) every day on every road from my driveway to wherever. Chicago to Greenbay WI, Chicago to Evansville IN and hardly have an interaction. At best a few times it decelerates 1-4 MPH Rarely but it hardly bothers me. Every stop sign, stop light, and turn. I do use common sense and use it lightly when there is snow or an odd intersection turn. If I would like to see Any improve it would be lane changes granted I think I have it set to mad max which might be the issue.

I must be the odd one out or one of the few that respond to these type threads. I have used FSD and Beta since 10.5 (currently 10.9) every day on every road from my driveway to wherever. Chicago to Greenbay WI, Chicago to Evansville IN and hardly have an interaction. At best a few times it decelerates 1-4 MPH Rarely but it hardly bothers me. Every stop sign, stop light, and turn. I do use common sense and use it lightly when there is snow or an odd intersection turn. If I would like to see Any improve it would be lane changes granted I think I have it set to mad max which might be the issue.
I think I’m similar. Except I use chill. Yes, I think your lane changes are because of mad max mode.

I’ve always used AP before FSD. So FSD is a major improvement and I’ve to intervene / disengage less often !

Talking of disengagements, I should start a separate thread on this, but - I rarely have unanticipated disengagements. They are needed at the same places - school zone, unmapped roundabouts, difficult unprotected turns.

Reactions: Yelobird
I think I’m similar. Except I use chill. Yes, I think your lane changes are because of mad max mode.

I’ve always used AP before FSD. So FSD is a major improvement and I’ve to intervene / disengage less often !

Talking of disengagements, I should start a separate thread on this, but - I rarely have unanticipated disengagements. They are needed at the same places - school zone, unmapped roundabouts, difficult unprotected turns.
I'm same as you guys. I use it everywhere, was AP before that. Know when to tap the gas or let it do its thing.

Two days a week I drive 120 miles round trip. 30-40 miles every other day. small amount of AP driving mode. I am mostly FSD mode.

I make lots of disengagements for passenger comfort and also to not annoy other drivers. I'm also constantly modulating speed with the scroll wheel for the same reasons. Whenever I engage FSD beta, my right foot is constantly hovering over the accelerator because way more than not, I need to give the car a push instead of needing to brake. It's mainly there to counter whimsical hesitations and any hard phantom braking. But I'll also use the go pedal to get the car quickly to a stop sign, for example, when the car decides it wants to come to a near stop 30 feet before the sign.

I've learned how to make FSD beta tolerable for people in my car and other cars around me, but that requires a lot more intervention/disengagements.

I've learned how to make FSD beta tolerable for people in my car and other cars around me, but that requires a lot more intervention/disengagements.
Most of my outings are either alone or with my kids (because of Covid). My kids aren't looking for comfort - they really want me to use FSD all the time.

I've put a "student robot driver" magnet on the car - hopefully that makes people more understanding (and Seattle area drivers are more forgiving in general).

Only place I've to use the accelerator is in roundabouts. For almost everything else like the 1 to 5 mph slowdowns, hesitations at stop signs etc are well within normal human driving (though probably in the bottom quartile) so I don't intervene much - just use the reporting feature liberally.

Reactions: nvx1977
I usually use it after updates to see if anything has actually improved after reading the changelog full of big words and lots of different percentages 😅

Unfortunately jerky phantom braking is still there, even when there isn’t any on-coming traffic, which is borderline nauseating. Between that and whack-a-mole with the “apply torque to the steering yoke” every 10 seconds, I’m waiting until those two go away so I can test the beta to find more fine issues that need fine tuning.

Most of my outings are either alone or with my kids (because of Covid). My kids aren't looking for comfort - they really want me to use FSD all the time.

I've put a "student robot driver" magnet on the car - hopefully that makes people more understanding (and Seattle area drivers are more forgiving in general).

Only place I've to use the accelerator is in roundabouts. For almost everything else like the 1 to 5 mph slowdowns, hesitations at stop signs etc are well within normal human driving (though probably in the bottom quartile) so I don't intervene much - just use the reporting feature liberally.

I wish I lived in an area where other drivers are more understanding! :D I experienced that in the suburbs of Atlanta earlier in my life.

You mean you just turn it on at the 4 way stop and nowhere else ?

I'll checkout Bothell-Everette highway one of these days.
Bothell-Everett Highway has been fixed at least enough for FSD Beta to work.

Road crews put in some reflectors which is enough for humans and FSD Beta to realize there are two lanes going each way.

It's still missing the dots so its only half fixed.