Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polyaspartic Garage Floor Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we just got our garage floor coated with Polyaspartic coating on our bare 10 year old concrete.
Looks great.

Anyone with experience with garage floor coating or epoxys have maintenance routine you care to share?

Attached is the before & after. Floors needed it! LOL!

Lunar-23113-5-18-23-ba1 (1).jpgPXL_20230520_013019118.jpg

I had never heard of polyspartic before and I did some research on it after reading your post. Or seems like it has a lot of benefits compared to epoxy (it's not the same as epoxy) with the main drawback being that more attention is needed on prepping the surface and needing to do the work quickly.

Now that I know about it, I would probably choose that for myself over the epoxy (everything else being equal). However, I don't have a garage not concrete to park my car on so it's just wishful thinking.

One thing I would probably do to help protect the surface from tire abrasion would be to use a car mat that protects the polyspartic from direct tire contact and helps protect it from gravel, sand, and other things that get stuck in tire treads or fall off of cars onto the floor.

So we just got our garage floor coated with Polyaspartic coating on our bare 10 year old concrete.
Looks great.

Anyone with experience with garage floor coating or epoxys have maintenance routine you care to share?

Attached is the before & after. Floors needed it! LOL!

View attachment 940764View attachment 940765
Great pics! I have polyurea floor coating which is similar but not exactly the same as polyspartic coatings. Mine certainly looks similar to yours. From what I’ve read they both require cleaning with pH neutral cleaner and a soft bristle brush. I just use Dawn liquid soap, warm water, some light brushing and then I hose it off. I do it on a warm day, set up a fan to dry it and it looks brand new. Acids and acetone are kriptonite for polyurea. So I make sure nothing caustic gets on it. I also learned the hard way that rust stains are difficult to remove so all my metal cabinets and metal racks sit on plastic shims. This is because over time condensation will form where the metal contacts the floor and will make rust stains.

Reactions: VQTRVA
Great pics! I have polyurea floor coating which is similar but not exactly the same as polyspartic coatings. Mine certainly looks similar to yours. From what I’ve read they both require cleaning with pH neutral cleaner and a soft bristle brush. I just use Dawn liquid soap, warm water, some light brushing and then I hose it off. I do it on a warm day, set up a fan to dry it and it looks brand new. Acids and acetone are kriptonite for polyurea. So I make sure nothing caustic gets on it. I also learned the hard way that rust stains are difficult to remove so all my metal cabinets and metal racks sit on plastic shims. This is because over time condensation will form where the metal contacts the floor and will make rust stains.
Great info thanks!

We just got some gladiators cabs put wheel casters on them so glad it was money well spent.

I've actually been using my wife's little 2A blower to blow off the dust & debris and follow up with some light micro fiber mopping and diluted simple green.

Can't believe I am now obsessed with keeping my garage floor clean. LOL

Reactions: BeeBee
I have a polyaspartic coated garage floor and love it. I sweep it monthly with a push broom and when we do get weather (Arizona doesn't get much) snd the cars drag it in I use a mix of Simple Green and water with a flat mop and microfiber head to spot mop, then a final mop with water.

It's a mechanic/wood working garage and it's held up well for the last 3 years dragging heavy jack and jackstands across it.Only thing I don't like is trying to find a dropped bolt or 10mm socket because it's camouflaged.

20221227_173557~2.jpg

Reactions: BeeBee