Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MY-user

MYLR, 5s, OD9/10, received on Nov. 29.
Sep 15, 2021
Colorado
While I'm planning to keep the car I'm seriously disappointed with the quality. Today is one week since I have it and there were so many problems with it. On top of what you see, the app cannot send the destination address to the car every other time, there was damage under thecar, the frank also had to be adjusted as it was very hard to close.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-115719_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211206-115719_Tesla.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 222
  • 20211206_115054.jpg
    20211206_115054.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 20211206_115027.jpg
    20211206_115027.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 20211129_160403.jpg
    20211129_160403.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 20211129_160434.jpg
    20211129_160434.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 20211129_154338.jpg
    20211129_154338.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 198
in fairness; what are the options? Get back in the queue until Next October?
It’s not clear your positioning in the queue once you reject a VIN, so it’s not fair to say you will wait nearly one year for another vehicle. Anyhow, the short answer is: yes, reject the VIN and get back in the queue in hopes you get a vehicle that is to your liking with respect to quality. Why would you ever feel obligated to accept delivery of a vehicle that does not meet your standards of quality? You’re paying for it, it’s not free. I don’t see the point in accepting a vehicle you know has issues only to complain about it.

It’s not clear your positioning in the queue once you reject a VIN, so it’s not fair to say you will wait nearly one year for another vehicle. Anyhow, the short answer is: yes, reject the VIN and get back in the queue in hopes you get a vehicle that is to your liking with respect to quality. Why would you ever feel obligated to accept delivery of a vehicle that does not meet your standards of quality? You’re paying for it, it’s not free. I don’t see the point in accepting a vehicle you know has issues only to complain about it.
I would've rejected the VIN but most of the problems appeared after receiving the car.

Reactions: Deutsch100

Hard to argue that point, but then again you're right ... that it's not clear what would happen if you reject the VIN

It's not like they'll immediately send you another one as complete vehicles will probably already have been assigned, so you'd have to wait for at least that long AND that's after you've already waited (four months in my case) . Or I suppose you might snag one from inventory ... that someone has already rejected

Not sure what I would have done tbh

SC can fix trunk alignment issues pretty quickly. Mine started sticking about 6 months after delivery (I blame the cold?) and they aligned it in about 15 minutes.

Wheel covers idk. Pull them off and throw them away, they are ugly lol. I didn't find the range loss to be that much. I bought some rimetrix covers to see how much it makes a difference in the winter.

Reactions: Falcon73
SC can fix trunk alignment issues pretty quickly. Mine started sticking about 6 months after delivery (I blame the cold?) and they aligned it in about 15 minutes.

Wheel covers idk. Pull them off and throw them away, they are ugly lol. I didn't find the range loss to be that much. I bought some rimetrix covers to see how much it makes a difference in the winter.
I might get rid of wheel covers. It also could improve resale value of the car when I put them back on in 4-5 years. I scheduled a technician for this Thursday to install homelink. I hope he also helps with other items at the same time.

Reactions: Falcon73
If it helps any, I had a handful of issues similar to yours back in early 2020 that Tesla Mobile Service and the Service Center fixed over time. Just document them all and put in a service request(s).

When I had Homelink installed by Mobile Service, I pointed out a few of the issues, one was a misaligned trim piece, that Mobile Service quickly fixed in a matter of minutes without any issue.

From all of the Mobile Service techs that I've talked to, they don't mind us asking questions or pointing out other issues to ask for advice. They are very familiar with the enthusiastic Tesla owners and want new owners to be happy.

While I'm planning to keep the car I'm seriously disappointed with the quality. Today is one week since I have it and there were so many problems with it. On top of what you see, the app cannot send the destination address to the car every other time, there was damage under thecar, the frank also had to be adjusted as it was very hard to close.
Yes, those are fixable issues, but I certainly would not be happy with the alignment issues and delivery prep. They should have been addressed.

That said, what is the build date of your car? Research and discussions with the sales and delivery teams in Tampa indicated that a huge focus was placed on the alignment issues over the summer. I took delivery in November and so far, no problems.

The Tampa FL team gets very high marks from many folk. I'm certain that once you get your appt. straightend out, you'll be pleased.

Last edited:
Yes, those are fixable issues, but I certainly would not be happy with the alignment issues and delivery prep. They should have been addressed.

That said, what is the build date of your car? Research and discussions with the sales and delivery teams in Tampa indicated that a huge focus was placed on the alignment issues over the summer. I took delivery in November and so far, no problems.

The Tampa FL team gets very high marks from many folk. I'm certain that once you get your appt. straightend out, you'll be pleased.
Not sure about the build date but it's a 2022 model (VIN)