Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor Technical support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DO NOT RELY ON TESLA SUPPORT AFTER WARRANTY EXPIRES!
After returning to my model 3 after an 8 day trip I found my car DEAD. Unable to even enter it. Tesla text support was No help what so ever and calling Tesla support was no better!
Tesla depends on Tesla owners to provide support and trouble shooting information. I was able to find and replace the 12v battery
But
After replacing 12v battery and rebooting my 2018 model 3 dual motor my car still failed to drive. Since the car is over the 50k miles Tesla “support” was absolutely NO help. Only advice was to call my insurance or AAA. I asked the tech the question: would you buy a Tesla knowing this situation?? Response was “I won’t answer that”.

well. that was easier than some cars I've worked on. Just went to schwabs and got a group 51r battery, popped the tow cover, used my atv's battery and opened the front trunk. back up and running for 180 bucks. I called and chewed out the service center for the piss poor response to something that has a car stranded like this. They need to be more proactive with getting these batteries replaced BEFORE this happens....

I called and chewed out the service center for the piss poor response to something that has a car stranded like this. They need to be more proactive with getting these batteries replaced BEFORE this happens....

Yeah, cause your local service center are the people at fault for your car not notifying you that the battery was going to go dead. The car is supposed to notify you, many times it doesnt, but that has zero to do with the local service center, and calling them and "chewing them out" for that is only going to do one thing.

That one thing is, make them even more callous to anyone who might call asking for help. Getting "chewed out" by some random caller, for something that is out of your control, does not make someone help you (or help the next person).

Reactions: Yelobird
right... if somebody doesn't ever say something is wrong, then how does a business know it needs to be fixed? It is clearly a known issue, and if I had not been ignored last year when I asked to have it replaced, I wouldn't have been in this state. And I am not some random caller, I am a paid customer. There is a difference. I get that in my area, there is literally 1 service center for the whole state. So for owners that live hours away, it is extremely costly and difficult to get a car to the service center. This could be taken in to account while they ramp up their locations to be able to service their customers, and provide proactive service and see what the historical data shows on when batteries should be replaced. Or allow the aftermarket to come in to play here instead of forcing owners to rely on only them. Whom are swamped as is. I guess "chewed out" is a bit much. But they definitely need to know these frustrations so that they can improve for the better, for everyone.

And no, the people at my service center aren't at fault, but they represent the company. So it is their responsibility to address these things, or work to get them addressed.