Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

powder coating colors for the Model S Plaid 21" Arachnids

I have a MSM Plaid and don't like how the grey arachnid wheel color matches the MSM paint. I have seen photos of people powder coating them in gloss black to match the gloss black trim, however I don't like the look of the gloss black on the wheels. Further, I believe the center caps are in satin black. Mixing gloss and satin on the wheels seems like a bad idea.

Several questions. Does anyone know the paint code for the grey on the Plaid/refresh factory 21" arachnid wheels? I am wondering if it is gloss or satin.

I was thinking grey that is darker than the factory grey may look good on the wheels. Has anyone done that on a MSM Model S?

Has anyone done satin black on the Refresh/Plaid 21" arachnid wheels?

Please include photos. Thank you!

Not exactly what you were looking for, but I just did mine in Prismatic Powders - Ultra Black Chrome (which I wanted since it was lighter than the Gray that Tesla uses)

You can search for and request samples just to be certain of the color you want.

Attachments

• IMG_1182.JPG
    IMG_1182.JPG
    670.4 KB · Views: 204

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC