Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Power Limited. OK to Drive" and "Power Reduced. Exiting and re-entering the vehicle may restore operation" after Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting "Power Limited. OK to Drive" and "Power Reduced. Exiting and re-entering the vehicle may restore operation" after Supercharging.

Usually it limits speed to 65-70, last time it limited to below 60, and throttle behaves like full turtle on my Gem, Smart, Bolt, and prior SR Y when at the bottom of the pack.

It happened on the trip home from picking the car up, then all my trips haven't required supercharging until last week, and it happened every time I supercharged, usually twice.

I suspect cooling isn't working properly.
PXL_20210903_225504288.MP.jpg
PXL_20210903_232040599.MP.jpg
The last time I supercharged for only a few minutes, and cranked the heat all the way up, and it didn't happen until 30 minutes after leaving.

Taking car in Wednesday.

I'm getting "Power Limited. OK to Drive" and "Power Reduced. Exiting and re-entering the vehicle may restore operation" after Supercharging.

Usually it limits speed to 65-70, last time it limited to below 60, and throttle behaves like full turtle on my Gem, Smart, Bolt, and prior SR Y when at the bottom of the pack.

It happened on the trip home from picking the car up, then all my trips haven't required supercharging until last week, and it happened every time I supercharged, usually twice.

I suspect cooling isn't working properly. The last time I supercharged for only a few minutes, and cranked the heat all the way up, and it didn't happen until 30 minutes after leaving.

Taking car in Wednesday.

You just gave the answer I was going to give :)

Keith

They said air bubble, and purged the system. Hopefully that fixed it.
Only supercharge on trips so I don't know.
Is your issue resolved... our charging at home keeps getting interrupted, took vehicle for service last weekend, they said air bubble, said they couldn't recreate charging issue but could tell from diagnostics that it was with the car, and not externally (ie our charging from house). Drove away .. and charging interrupted has continued to happen this past week. Today, I get the messages about reduced speed limit, reduced power, ok to drive, book service etc. This was not after supercharging, just regular charging in my house.

Reactions: Tedkidd
This just happened to us yesterday on a road trip to BC from Calgary, AB, after a supercharging session to 100% so I could see a full charging curve from 18% to 100%. Tried the exit and re-entry twice yesterday to no effect and top speed kept being limited lower & lower, not fun, and super stressful TBH. It didn’t happen today driving around the Shuswap in BC but only drove about 76km (48mi) city/highway, but suspect we only see this again on our return trip next week. No response to my service request yet either. Will try a supercharger session to 90% this week to see if that causes it to happen again, and also letting it sit for 10 minutes before driving if the error pops up. Not a fun thing to experience on a road trip.

This just happened to us yesterday on a road trip to BC from Calgary, AB, after a supercharging session to 100% so I could see a full charging curve from 18% to 100%. Tried the exit and re-entry twice yesterday to no effect and top speed kept being limited lower & lower, not fun, and super stressful TBH. It didn’t happen today driving around the Shuswap in BC but only drove about 76km (48mi) city/highway, but suspect we only see this again on our return trip next week. No response to my service request yet either. Will try a supercharger session to 90% this week to see if that causes it to happen again, and also letting it sit for 10 minutes before driving if the error pops up. Not a fun thing to experience on a road trip.
I've had no problem since they changed the inverter

I got this error once last week after supercharging in very cold conditions on my trip up into Canada during a snow storm. The supercharger in Plattsburg, NY was not working and several stalls kept resetting until I found one that worked. Once I finished supercharging, and started driving I kept getting this message. And the message kept getting worse and worse, with the speed limited more and more. It started at 70 and ended limiting around 55mph. I charged and left the car the next day and the error did not appear again.

But I do notice then when I finish supercharging, every time, I see a red light LED in the charging port. No error message, no flashing, nothing just a SOLID red light when I disconnect after I finish a normal supercharging session.

Do I need to take the car in to the SC? Or is this expected?