Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power meter looks and behaves differently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refreshed Model X. So after a recent update (I think that’s when it happened) to 2022.28.200 I noticed the power meter is behaving differently than what I am used to in my old Model Y and before the update. No matter how aggressive the regen or acceleration, the bar is the same size, vs changes like normal. Please see pics. Does this behavior mean anything or just something with the version I am on, which doesn’t appear to be very popular.

4385B872-3DB1-46FB-8F16-1FF877EEF054.jpeg

Attachments

• BDCDCF45-A1CE-40D9-8849-13FA24524B8B.jpeg
    BDCDCF45-A1CE-40D9-8849-13FA24524B8B.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: dinjin
Hmm. I am holding off on 28.2 on my MXP due to the complaints of electronic noise that won't stop. Looks like that's no the only problem w/ 28.2. Something is definitely weird with that build. My MXP is on 24.6.6 and the power meter works as expected.

Make sure your car is on WiFi and keep your fingers crossed that you get an update notification soon. I believe 34.5 is current.

I don't believe it's documented last time I checked the release notes. I too wondered if they were testing something. But you know, I prefer the old style since it gives me an idea how much relative energy is being used.

NOPE, still a bug. In 2022.40 also. How do I report this? There is no real feedback loop for BUGS induced in this rapid software development cycle they seem to like to push on us. (Rapid, HA!!!! Over a year to get energy graph back, Caraoke back, still can't modify binacle so not even at parity to outgoing car yet. Can't do much with rear screen and where is Whitcher, as it was used in the sales shot back in Jan 2021 and is STILL on the screen shot on Tesla.com. Rapid, HA, HA, HA) And where is my center HORN I was told 1 year ago was just waiting on software? (That one was a lie and not coming as hardware doesn't look like it exists in the center airbag area.)

NOPE, still a bug. In 2022.40 also. How do I report this? There is no real feedback loop for BUGS induced in this rapid software development cycle they seem to like to push on us. (Rapid, HA!!!! Over a year to get energy graph back, Caraoke back, still can't modify binacle so not even at parity to outgoing car yet. Can't do much with rear screen and where is Whitcher, as it was used in the sales shot back in Jan 2021 and is STILL on the screen shot on Tesla.com. Rapid, HA, HA, HA) And where is my center HORN I was told 1 year ago was just waiting on software? (That one was a lie and not coming as hardware doesn't look like it exists in the center airbag area.)
This line does not look this thick on my car. I actually wish it was a little thicker. On 2022.40.4

I have 2022 Model S on 2022.40.4.1, and I too experience the power meter not sizing correctly. I can fix the issue by rebooting (both buttons on steering wheel) but the issue comes back at random. Anyone else experiencing this?

I get this too. Sometimes it works right and is progressive based on input/output, sometimes it's just green or gray and is fairly narrow, and sometimes it's just green or gray and is really wide (like in your second pic - that's how it is today).

I thought it might have something to do with the battery temperature or some such, but with consensus it appears to be a bug.

Has anyone checked or raised this issue with Tesla Service? I wonder if I should make an appointment with nearby service center but, if this issue is already known to Tesla, I would like to just wait until it is fixed by Tesla.