Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 324xx mY (<1k mi) got below error pulling out of the garage, and steering wheel wouldn't turn.
Power Reduced. Exiting and re-entering vehicle may restore operational power.
Exiting and re-entering did resolve the issue, but obviously can recur.

It's also been having false frunk open warnings and bad trunk 12V AC port, so it's been at SC since 2 days ago. The original appointment was not until 9/28, but service manager proactively contacted me to bring it in next day after scheduling from the app.

1. "Power Reduced" error service report:

Removed and replaced front body controller. Verified proper fitment and applied necessary firmware. Function tested and verified proper operation at this time.
Correction: Module - Body Controller - Front (Dual Motor) (Remove & Replace)
Part
ASY. FRONT CONTROLLER GEFN 3 (1497317-00-F)
2. Frunk open false alerts:

"improper communication within front body controller module."​

3. Rear 12V AC outlet not working was due to loose connection they had to secure.

It was in the service center for 8 days. I had a 50K mi M-X as loaner, which kids thought was very cool and got some looks at kids' elementary school. Falcoln Wings draw too much attention for my taste. Interior feels a bit dated compared to M-Y, but the huge screen that fits 3 functions (map/music/cameras) was very nice. Definitely bigger outside, although inside--including trunk--didn't feel like it.

VIN 324xx mY (<1k mi) got below error pulling out of the garage, and steering wheel wouldn't turn.
Power Reduced. Exiting and re-entering vehicle may restore operational power.
Exiting and re-entering did resolve the issue, but obviously can recur.

It's also been having false frunk open warnings and bad trunk 12V AC port, so it's been at SC since 2 days ago. The original appointment was not until 9/28, but service manager proactively contacted me to bring it in next day after scheduling from the app.
I had the same error once. As with you, getting out and back in fixed it and it hasn't been back since, no other errors.