Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 app request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have time of use metering here in Sydney Australia. Our power is extremely expensive. Recently my power retailer introduced special rates for electric vehicles. This means i have the following rate periods:- Peak, shoulder, off-peak, and special off-peak. The app only allows one to specify the peak and off peak periods (the shoulder periods are then assumed to be the remaining time.)
Since the “special off-peak” period is between midnight and 4 am, and otherwise regular off-peak would be between 10pm and 7am, an extra rate needs to be programmed into the app.
The special off-peak is half the price of regular off-peak and pre charging of the powerwall which now occurs to cover the morning shoulder and before sun up, should really occur during this 4 hour window.(I have submitted this request via powerwall support here in Australia, but it doesn’t hurt to publish it everywhere Tesla engineers might see it).

Depending on whether peak and shoulder are close in price, or shoulder and (normal) off peak are close in price, you could consider reserving off peak in the app for special off peak, and combining two other price bands. But, agreed, bands alone are not enough - the app must also allow for prices for those bands (and for feed in for each band), otherwise it simply doesn't have enough information to make the right decision. You can understand that they start off with what they know - say NEM feed in rates in CA, but it would be great a few years later if they support tariffs in their other markets!