Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall and Gateway drawing energy from Grid even when charged [UK]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the installation of a TESLA Powerwall and Backup Gateway on 31 July 2023, installed by a certified Tesla installer, I have noticed that we are consuming energy from the Grid even when the battery is charged above 20%. As an example, the battery is currently showing as 96% charged and the TESLA app is showing 0kW being imported from the Grid, however my digital clamp meter shows we are drawing 1.5 amps (approx. 360w) from the Grid. The TESLA App shows that yesterday, we used 0.1kw from the Grid, Octopus Energy shows we used 6.03kWh.

Unless I initiate “Go Off-Grid“ via the TESLA app or the battery is 100% charged, Octopus shows we are using energy all the time whilst the TESLA app shows us as not drawing from the Grid. We have reported this problem to Octopus and the battery installers, who just forwarded the information to TESLA, that was one week ago and we have heard nothing since.

I am keen to know if anyone has experienced the same problem, as I have to get this fixed because we are not benefitting from the Powerwall and are being charged daily for energy that we shouldn't be using.

Thanks, Keith

Maybe what was reported by some other UK specific owners in this following thread is relevant to your situation:

Upvote 0