Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall and NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!

I have Tesla solar panels on a $100/month subscription. Can I get a Powerwall or is it an issue since I am on subscription and not own/lease the panels. House is 4,000 Sq Ft and just looking to have a powerwall for light backup. Any thoughts? Does it make sense? Not sure I can even do Powerwall since it is subscription so just looking for thoughts.

Peace!

It doesnt make much sense, and you will not be able to buy that from tesla. It will likely cost you like 15k from a third party, with a long wait since its just one powerwall.

I dont think there is any math at all where it pencils out to buy a powerwall in that situation. You are likely much better off looking into buying some sort of small generator for backing up lights or a fridge.

Reactions: h2ofun
As a fellow New Jerseyan, whether it "makes sense" depends on the value you place on having "light backup" for your property. Is being without power a minor nuisance? Or is a substantial inconvenience, bordering on intolerable?

If it's "nuisance" I wouldn't bother.

If otherwise, (try to) get Tesla on the phone and ask what your options are.