Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwalls in Chicago anyone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bitslizer, what was your experience with Tesla and their solar panels + power wall? when did you install it?
I'm rebulding garage, new second floor apartment, new roof shape, and Tesla basically tells me, don't bother them until the structure is built...
but I'm building a garagetop apartment, and the architect + contractor needs to know where the batteries go, and how to run the cables from garage to the main house where all the meters are!
I'm throwing money at them and they are not interested even in taking a call from my architect.
so frustrating.

Bitslizer, what was your experience with Tesla and their solar panels + power wall? when did you install it?
I'm rebulding garage, new second floor apartment, new roof shape, and Tesla basically tells me, don't bother them until the structure is built...
but I'm building a garagetop apartment, and the architect + contractor needs to know where the batteries go, and how to run the cables from garage to the main house where all the meters are!
I'm throwing money at them and they are not interested even in taking a call from my architect.
so frustrating.
By default they want to install in basement closest to the breaker panel. My garage is opposite side of house and they want to charge me $3k for the extra wire run. I opt for a different location in the basement. Garage will be wall mounted install likely. If you install it directly in front of parked car floor mount stacked, they want safety bollard between car and powerwall. Is the garage attached or detached? You may want to install 2 sub panel 1 in garage and 1 by main breaker capable of at least 100a (pw+ need 50a, each pw need 30a) if you want it in the garage, and thick thigh gauge wire to support the amp

Same here looking at multiple vendors for solar. How does Tesla handle the SREC's in Illinois.
By default they want to install in basement closest to the breaker panel. My garage is opposite side of house and they want to charge me $3k for the extra wire run. I opt for a different location in the basement. Garage will be wall mounted install likely. If you install it directly in front of parked car floor mount stacked, they want safety bollard between car and powerwall. Is the garage attached or detached? You may want to install 2 sub panel 1 in garage and 1 by main breaker capable of at least 100a (pw+ need 50a, each pw need 30a) if you want it in the garage, and thick thigh gauge wire to support the amp
of course, now FaceBook is serving me all these dozens of companies that promise to install Powerwalls but also their own brand of solar panels... Panasonic, Silfab... Anyone know if Tesla Powerwalls are available to third party installers or are they reserving for their own install first, and these resellers are waiting forever for stocks?

Bitslizer, logan square here, kedzie and armitage by the 606.

The current Illinois / ComEd regulations sez you can't power more than 105% of past 12 months of usage... there is NO past 12 months of usage if i am building larger 1300sqf up from 800sqf AND accounting for new electric oven/cooktop electric water heater, and electric car charger! it will be way more than the 7.5kW system that I may be entitled to install based on my 7.2kW current past 12 months of usage.

did you pay?
how is the powerwall working out for you?
are you doing net metering?
are you doing instead hourly rates?

Wen.