Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF And Ceramic Coating Look Amazing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 422327 View attachment 422328 View attachment 422329 i was a skeptic about whether PPF and ceramic coating were really necessary or just something car nuts do. I’ve owned lots of cars and never thought to do it before. However, after seeing some of the nasty paint posts on here, I decided I’d rather be safe than sorry. So I had SunTek PPF wrap done in the right places and CQuartz done. While I was at it, I had the center console done. I must say the car looks fantastic. Like a museum piece. I’m a little afraid to drive it now. Only problem is that I am now obligated to wash my own car, something I haven’t done since college. Pictures attached.

Looks like you still have your paper plates, do you mind sharing what the costs were, and if they had to do any paint correction first?

Ok guys. All these pics of beautiful ceramic jobs has spurred me into action. Adams ceramic coating should be here in a few days and I'm wondering if the Aero rims are powder coated? If they are, should I hit them anyway? Being metallic powder, would I streak them? I can't find any material telling me what's up.:confused:

The first thing I did when I bought my 2015 Model S was put a couple of good scratches on it with a church key (down low toward the rear). From then on I didn't need to worry about appearances (and it has NO EFFECT on my reason for buying a P85D rocket)!!

$1400 for the PPF, $1200 for the CQuartz. No separate charge for the center console and they fixed some road rash on one of my wheels for free. Expensive but if it protects the finish, I'll be happy.
You call that Expensive? You’re lucky to pay that, 2300.00 whole front end Xpel PPF which includes hood, fenders, bumper, side mirrors, headlights, fog lights, rocker panel and the rear luggage protection area. The Ceramic Coat is 2500.00 for the whole car.

Fred

I've got about $300 of various washes, mitts, special buckets, etc. coming to protect the finish. Most of it is CarPro stuff recommended by the guy who did the work. I'm going to look ridiculous the first time I try to figure out how to wash the car!

Washed my car today for the first time, came out like new, used this wash & wax, very easy to use. This car has nicks in the windshield, no paint chips anywhere in the front, XPEL PPF works great. PPF installed first week in April.

C497E146-8A28-4F4E-B4F1-190ACB845ED9.jpeg
C7AC13F0-6C6A-4EF5-BDC9-9825891E6855.jpeg

Washed my car today for the first time, came out like new, used this wash & wax, very easy to use. This car has nicks in the windshield, no paint chips anywhere in the front, XPEL PPF works great. PPF installed first week in April.

View attachment 423470 View attachment 423469
Can't use that with the ceramic coating. Anything with "wax" in it is a no-no. Almost looking forward to washing my car. Came THIS close to buying a pressure washer and a foam cannon yesterday. I think my wife's going to kill me as it is!!

• Funny
Reactions: MpowerSkills
Can't use that with the ceramic coating. Anything with "wax" in it is a no-no. Almost looking forward to washing my car. Came THIS close to buying a pressure washer and a foam cannon yesterday. I think my wife's going to kill me as it is!!
Good to know, I don’t think I will pay the $2500.00
for ceramic coating, the paint job looks amazingly shiny and clean. I’m fine washing and waxing it myself.

Good to know, I don’t think I will pay the $2500.00
for ceramic coating, the paint job looks amazingly shiny and clean. I’m fine washing and waxing it myself.
Now that I've done both, it is pretty clear to me at least that the PPF is more important than the ceramic coating. But the ceramic coating sure looks great and it is supposed to make it way easier to wash the car.

Reactions: MpowerSkills
Ok guys. All these pics of beautiful ceramic jobs has spurred me into action. Adams ceramic coating should be here in a few days and I'm wondering if the Aero rims are powder coated? If they are, should I hit them anyway? Being metallic powder, would I streak them? I can't find any material telling me what's up.:confused:
The pro’s put Ceramic Pro on my 19”

Reactions: Kleenerth3
View attachment 422327 View attachment 422328 View attachment 422329 i was a skeptic about whether PPF and ceramic coating were really necessary or just something car nuts do. I’ve owned lots of cars and never thought to do it before. However, after seeing some of the nasty paint posts on here, I decided I’d rather be safe than sorry. So I had SunTek PPF wrap done in the right places and CQuartz done. While I was at it, I had the center console done. I must say the car looks fantastic. Like a museum piece. I’m a little afraid to drive it now. Only problem is that I am now obligated to wash my own car, something I haven’t done since college. Pictures attached.
For those that are handy, you can buy the ceramic coat for about $29 on Amazon and it is easy to apply like car wax. I did it to all my cars! No need to pay those outrageous fees they are charging. Also there are lots of videos on youtube.com on the best method to apply. Just follow the directions and keep out of the sunlight when you do it. Check Amazone here:
https://www.amazon.com/automotive-H...eramic+9h+car&qid=1561671857&s=gateway&sr=8-4

For those that are handy, you can buy the ceramic coat for about $29 on Amazon and it is easy to apply like car wax. I did it to all my cars! No need to pay those outrageous fees they are charging. Also there are lots of videos on youtube.com on the best method to apply. Just follow the directions and keep out of the sunlight when you do it. Check Amazone here:
https://www.amazon.com/automotive-H...eramic+9h+car&qid=1561671857&s=gateway&sr=8-4
I looked at some of this stuff online. I don't think it lasts as long as a "real" ceramic coat. Mine's supposed to be good for 3-4 years.