Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF and Tint Price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just quoted $2K for tint (20% ceramic) for all 4 doors, 1 piece rear glass, and windshield strip, and full front PPF (bumper, hood, A-pillars, and mirrors).

They use all XPEL products also.

Is this a good price?

I was set to have just the windows (sans front windshield) tomorrow for $650, so I am debating if it's worth the extra $1300 for the ppf and windshield tint.

I am doing a full tint 4 windows + rear + windshield for $480 so take that as you will. I think pricing is very regional from the research I've done.
Yeah im thinking the $625 I was quoted is a bit high now after seeing another shop quote $445 for the 4 windows and rear glass $125 extra for the front window.

Just wondering if the PPF is worth it or not for the $1300 ish...

Yeah im thinking the $625 I was quoted is a bit high now after seeing another shop quote $445 for the 4 windows and rear glass $125 extra for the front window.

What did you decide on? I was going to go to Fade to Black, but got a $450 quote from Just the Tint in Merrillville for sides and rear (one piece), 18% ceramic all around. Came in $200 cheaper and they have a 5-star rating with lifetime warranty, so I am taking my car tomorrow for tint.

I think $1,300 is reasonable for the PPF though. I've had quotes for $1,500 which I thought were respectable. I've heard people paying $2k plus.

I'm getting my tint done for $600 for all 5 windows. That seems to be the low end for my area.

As for PPF, it depends on what film they are using and how much coverage.

That's a solid price, I paid 2400 for Xpel ppf on the front end, to include bumper, hood, mirrors, headlights/ foglights, and xpel XR+ all around (partial not full rear window). I would thoroughly inspect it after install for defects like notches where there is curves.

Reactions: ColoradoMike
What did you decide on? I was going to go to Fade to Black, but got a $450 quote from Just the Tint in Merrillville for sides and rear (one piece), 18% ceramic all around. Came in $200 cheaper and they have a 5-star rating with lifetime warranty, so I am taking my car tomorrow for tint.

I think $1,300 is reasonable for the PPF though. I've had quotes for $1,500 which I thought were respectable. I've heard people paying $2k plus.
It is actually there now and going to get tinted and started on PPF tomorrow morning.

I am going with Attention 2 Detail out of Chesterton, they are over by the new Aldi off of Indian Ridge/149 area if that helps narrow down where they are. The owner Brian walked me through in detail of every aspect of what is going to be done on both the tint and PPF.

They are having me mull over the idea of getting full PPF done on all panels of the car, all in I they quoted 5K. I am on the fence on that as that's a lot of money. But he said a few times, he almost guarantees I will be back to fix more rock chips/scratches and get more sections of PPF done. That's just how Tesla's paint is, unfortunately.

Reactions: dgoodlan
Just paid $750 for 15% ceramic tint on everything but the shield. IR Vortex film. Looks great and seems to be high quality.

Attachments

• 2B94E48D-CCA3-4F93-B1DC-FDC8FF0CEF79.jpeg
    2B94E48D-CCA3-4F93-B1DC-FDC8FF0CEF79.jpeg
    808.2 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: dgoodlan and julit0
It is actually there now and going to get tinted and started on PPF tomorrow morning.

I am going with Attention 2 Detail out of Chesterton, they are over by the new Aldi off of Indian Ridge/149 area if that helps narrow down where they are. The owner Brian walked me through in detail of every aspect of what is going to be done on both the tint and PPF.

They are having me mull over the idea of getting full PPF done on all panels of the car, all in I they quoted 5K. I am on the fence on that as that's a lot of money. But he said a few times, he almost guarantees I will be back to fix more rock chips/scratches and get more sections of PPF done. That's just how Tesla's paint is, unfortunately.
Your quotes seem pretty fair - In the Los Angles area and I paid $875 for 20% Ceramic sides and back (one piece) + 80% windshield ceramic. I did full PPF wrap foR $5800. Would have been $1500 for just frontal + rocker panel coverage. For me, I saw too many Reddit / FB Dashcam and Sentry videos - I went with full PPF. I typically hand wash, clay, seal, etc my cars - so the PPF will also make washing and maintenance a lot easier.

I did pay a lot, but seeing some horror stories on in the M3P waiting room, I don’t mind. The shop here had a TON of Teslas on their results gallery / Insta / FB, so a lot of experience…and a good friend went there with his two MXs. They washed the car with DeIonized water, clayed it, minor paint correction - then it went into a HEPA filtered bay where it stayed until all was done. They were meticulous about cutting down dust/lint/hair and anything that could get under the films. They also had me back a week later to inspect and correct as needed and washed my car. They de-badged, removed and re-applied the CF spoiler and undid the side cameras - all to get under them and get the wrap under it all.

When it came to this stuff - I’m a true believer in getting what you pay for.

Your quotes seem pretty fair - In the Los Angles area and I paid $875 for 20% Ceramic sides and back (one piece) + 80% windshield ceramic. I did full PPF wrap foR $5800. Would have been $1500 for just frontal + rocker panel coverage. For me, I saw too many Reddit / FB Dashcam and Sentry videos - I went with full PPF. I typically hand wash, clay, seal, etc my cars - so the PPF will also make washing and maintenance a lot easier.

I did pay a lot, but seeing some horror stories on in the M3P waiting room, I don’t mind. The shop here had a TON of Teslas on their results gallery / Insta / FB, so a lot of experience…and a good friend went there with his two MXs. They washed the car with DeIonized water, clayed it, minor paint correction - then it went into a HEPA filtered bay where it stayed until all was done. They were meticulous about cutting down dust/lint/hair and anything that could get under the films. They also had me back a week later to inspect and correct as needed and washed my car. They de-badged, removed and re-applied the CF spoiler and undid the side cameras - all to get under them and get the wrap under it all.

When it came to this stuff - I’m a true believer in getting what you pay for.
Looks like you just cost me an extra 3K! lol. I think you are right, for the longevity and cost/hassle in the future that it will bring I think I need to do the full. Plus it makes that paint pop more and looks way better.

I actually had seen your video beforehand just from some searches on YouTube. That's a nice-looking car!!!

Reactions: julit0
Look nice. Darker on the front windows than back windows? Looks like they did the entire rear window + roof, was that done in one or two pieces?

Also - What did you mean by "paint blisters"? Imperfections that can be polished out?
Sorry I meant the front windshield is 18% just to help a bit more with the incoming sun in the morning and evening since my trips to/from work are both into the sun.

The doors and back glass are all 20%

The back glass is one piece but it cuts right at where they do the fade/rear window heater area, so it doesn't go up into the factory tint and make that darker. He said a line is going to be shown but that's just the way it is with this type of glass, and the only other way to get around it is to tint the whole window up but that would almost black out the sunroof for the passengers. So I didn't want to do that over a little tint line.

The paint blisters, this was something we didn't catch on pickup day. What happens I guess is at the factory some extra air gets blown out of the paint hose and can cause bubbles under the paint in some areas. I have about 4/5 down the rocker panel of the passenger side. I sent pictures to Tesla and they agreed to let me get them fixed at a local body shop instead of having them at Tesla and trying to get me a loaner/rental car.

I mentioned that to him when setting up the tint and ppf appointment and he says he fixes those all the time so he can do it for me and put that as a separate charge so Tesla pays for that portion of the services while it is there getting everything else done.

Reactions: Evpowerdan
Sorry I meant the front windshield is 18% just to help a bit more with the incoming sun in the morning and evening since my trips to/from work are both into the sun.

The doors and back glass are all 20%

The back glass is one piece but it cuts right at where they do the fade/rear window heater area, so it doesn't go up into the factory tint and make that darker. He said a line is going to be shown but that's just the way it is with this type of glass, and the only other way to get around it is to tint the whole window up but that would almost black out the sunroof for the passengers. So I didn't want to do that over a little tint line.

The paint blisters, this was something we didn't catch on pickup day. What happens I guess is at the factory some extra air gets blown out of the paint hose and can cause bubbles under the paint in some areas. I have about 4/5 down the rocker panel of the passenger side. I sent pictures to Tesla and they agreed to let me get them fixed at a local body shop instead of having them at Tesla and trying to get me a loaner/rental car.

I mentioned that to him when setting up the tint and ppf appointment and he says he fixes those all the time so he can do it for me and put that as a separate charge so Tesla pays for that portion of the services while it is there getting everything else done.
Great color combo - really pops with the contrast.

Awesome - those things happen in production, rocker panels are easy to fix paint imperfections.

The rear window is a tricky one on the Model 3. Doing it in one pice is difficult, and will make the rear glass roof portion darker. Some do a 2 piece, the back window 20% up to the top of the defrost line, then 50% on the rear roof glass - it helps reject the heat more - leaving it visible to see up. Another solution in the hot summer months - is just get the glass roof shade covers too.

End the new ride...

Reactions: 7BaconTacos
Great color combo - really pops with the contrast.

Awesome - those things happen in production, rocker panels are easy to fix paint imperfections.

The rear window is a tricky one on the Model 3. Doing it in one pice is difficult, and will make the rear glass roof portion darker. Some do a 2 piece, the back window 20% up to the top of the defrost line, then 50% on the rear roof glass - it helps reject the heat more - leaving it visible to see up. Another solution in the hot summer months - is just get the glass roof shade covers too.

End the new ride...
Thanks!! I am loving the car so far and cant wait until Thursday to get it back :).

Gotcha, it is def a tricky one. and not really worried about the heat rejection so much, our summers here in the Chicago area arent overall bad. If we were out west more, I would think about doing that. I have thought about the shade covers, but I am not sure I am going to need them, its garage parked at home, and at work its tree covered.

Well after doing a hmm.... and some further googling, I am thinking I am regretting letting him do a cut in the back window. I am in talks with him now but if it looks like this, then were going to have a problem because this is not what I asked for nor agreed to in our initial conversations.

Note this is not my car or picture, just example only:
1657381053374.png