Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Adjustment on Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, first time posting. I just stopped by a local Tesla center to ask about showroom models and price adjustments. A couple of interesting things I learned:
1. They wouldn’t add me to a contact list to let me know when models are in (they’re too busy)
2. Price adjustments are now only $1 per mile on the car

Is this consistent with what you all are seeing/hearing!

Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: brianman
I think you might be going at it from the wrong vector. I walked into a Tesla store in Nashville and they couldn't do much, if at all.
What I did was somehow got connected to an inside sales rep. I told him what I was looking for and he provided WAY more than the locals can. Sent text messages with several different models in several different locations. Finally wound up with an LR, DM AWD Model 3 for an adjustment of approx. $4800. Lost $1000 of that because they had to transport from NJ to Chicago for pick up.

I took delivery last Thursday. 19 miles on the odometer at pickup.

All I did was started to sign up for a test drive... got to the point online that I could choose one of the available times (I had already provided my contact information) and then quit... wife didn't seem too into going for a test drive.

They called me 3 hours later, and wound up talking to an inside sales guy for about 1/2 hour - 45 min, and he just started texting me options.

That was 2 weeks ago. I'm now enjoying my daily ride!

So... my recommendation: sign up for a test drive and cancel. See if you get a call...

• Informative
Reactions: jbrady3324
I think you might be going at it from the wrong vector. I walked into a Tesla store in Nashville and they couldn't do much, if at all.
What I did was somehow got connected to an inside sales rep. I told him what I was looking for and he provided WAY more than the locals can. Sent text messages with several different models in several different locations. Finally wound up with an LR, DM AWD Model 3 for an adjustment of approx. $4800. Lost $1000 of that because they had to transport from NJ to Chicago for pick up.

I took delivery last Thursday. 19 miles on the odometer at pickup.

All I did was started to sign up for a test drive... got to the point online that I could choose one of the available times (I had already provided my contact information) and then quit... wife didn't seem too into going for a test drive.

They called me 3 hours later, and wound up talking to an inside sales guy for about 1/2 hour - 45 min, and he just started texting me options.

That was 2 weeks ago. I'm now enjoying my daily ride!

So... my recommendation: sign up for a test drive and cancel. See if you get a call...

Thanks for the tip, I’ll give this a shot. Got a hold of a rep at another location that added me to their contacts as well. We’ll see what becomes of both methods...