Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PRICE INCREASE - Model 3 Aero Wheel and Winter Tire Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I was preparing to purchase this package I noticed the price increased from $2,000 to $2,400.

Due to my poor luck and stubborn personality it's likely I will no longer purchase this and stick with 19" rims and all season tires. Days after a test drive I was preparing to order a pearl white AWD M3, but when I built the car online I realized the price of AWD and Pearl White paint increased a few days prior ($1,000 and $500 respectively). Not a huge deal, so I compromised by ordering a pearl white RWD car with intentions of installing the winter wheel and tire package for $2,000 vs. the $5,000 increase to AWD ($4,000 now). I preferred having 2 sets of rims to avoid ruining the 19" set over the winter months.

Anyways, thought some of you may have had similar experiences. If 2 months ago I was comparing AWD for $4,000 with winter wheel and tire for $2,400 I absolutely would have went with AWD. I also understand AWD with all seasons is not the same as RWD with snow tires...but for daily driving in Chicago they are similar in the way that they are both a lot better than RWD with all seasons.

Now time to see how well this RWD with 19" rims and stock all seasons performs in a Chicago winter...