Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem getting my CA Clean Air rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi fellow members,
Need your guidance! Picked my new Model S on 12/23/18 and after a horrible delivery experience with a 4 hour wait time my problems with customer service continue. Apparently they did not have any paperwork prepared when I took delivery, so after a few hours I asked what the heck was taking so long. Another 2 hours later they finally came out, I signed the papers and picked up the car. I ordered the cream interior and the car was full of muddy footprints front and back, even on the panels! I had to make a service appointment a few weeks out to have it cleaned.
I put all that past me and sent in a copy of my contract as requested to receive the $2500 CA rebate. After waiting the 90 days or so I receive a denial because the seller portion of the contract says NA instead of Tesla and their address, seriously!! After months of trying to get it corrected, I got ahold of my sales person and he told me to just put their address there. Obviously that is in addition to the NA. I received another email stating it was not acceptable because it is altered! I have been going around and around and around from person to person the past 3 months, each assuring me they will take care of it, again nothing and another 3 months have passed. HOW HARD IS UT TO PUT THEIR $&@*%#* ADDRESS IN THE SELLER SPACE!!!!Help, suggestions??

Question.

Are you talking about your signed copy of the contract you took home with you OR are you talking about the on-line copy?

I initially uploaded the on-line version and when I checked the CleanAir website about 60 days in, it showed that the contract had been rejected for the same reason you noted. (my fault I never looked at the on-line copy). My copy was filled out properly and I scanned/submitted it.

My suggestion would be to bring the contract with you into the delivery center where you picked up your car on a weekday and definitely not near the end of the quarter and ask them politely to redo the contract properly.