Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, 500~ mile model Y and the frunk will not close.

I have followed the proper way to close it before and never had issues with it closing.

It currently sits at a 1/2" gap, cannot press it further.

Tried to press the button to release inside frunk to see if it did anything and tried to close afterwards.

At a loss, not sure why.. next mobile service in my area is November 30 and a service shop is after December 20th....

Anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done?

Cheers!

Try adjusting the black knobs on the frunk lid. Basically, you want to make them go inside a bit. I would mark the current position using some marker and then try quarter turns.

Also, push the edge of the frunk below the logo, otherwise, you will crease the frunk lid.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, 500~ mile model Y and the frunk will not close.

I have followed the proper way to close it before and never had issues with it closing.

It currently sits at a 1/2" gap, cannot press it further.

Tried to press the button to release inside frunk to see if it did anything and tried to close afterwards.

At a loss, not sure why.. next mobile service in my area is November 30 and a service shop is after December 20th....

Anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done?

Cheers!
What was the resolution on this? I have same problem.

I had a problem on my Model S last year where it would do the first stage latch, I think the safety catch so it doesn't fly up into the windshield but wouldn't lock all the way down. It would sit open about an inch and I would have to drive around looking kind of stupid, not to mention look at the frunk open warning. They replaced the latch but didn't solve the problem and ultimately determined to somehow linked to the charge port (it would occasionally be balky opening or closing, I can't remember) and replacing the charge port fixed the problem.