Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

X Frunk is stuck!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the trick to get it open? It unlatches when I press open but it only opens about an inch, maybe less. I followed this thread and watched the video.

But there is barely any room to get a L shape torx wrech in. Any other trick?

I got my gym bag and work laptop inside!!! It's 8PM and no mobile service!

What's the trick to get it open? It unlatches when I press open but it only opens about an inch, maybe less. I followed this thread and watched the video.

But there is barely any room to get a L shape torx wrech in. Any other trick?

I got my gym bag and work laptop inside!!! It's 8PM and no mobile service!
Occasionally happens to me and I press the fob button (or phone open) while standing there and lifting it a moment later.

Stopped by the service center this morning. The advisor quickly showed me how to get it to open with the "sticky" frunk. He said the newer S/X seems to have this issue. Basically as I hit the open button on the app, as soon as the frunk pops then you pull up immediately. Although he said it's not a normal behavior so he was kind enough to take my car in (w/o an appointment) to get it adjusted and replacing my wheel fender garnish crack at the same time. Even getting me a loaner.

Occasionally happens to me and I press the fob button (or phone open) while standing there and lifting it a moment later.

Stopped by the service center this morning. The advisor quickly showed me how to get it to open with the "sticky" frunk. He said the newer S/X seems to have this issue. Basically as I hit the open button on the app, as soon as the frunk pops then you pull up immediately. Although he said it's not a normal behavior so he was kind enough to take my car in (w/o an appointment) to get it adjusted and replacing my wheel fender garnish crack at the same time. Even getting me a loaner.
Wait isn't that (underlines) exactly what I suggested? ;)

Reactions: yerEVan
Hi @scottf200 - I tried lifting it "a moment later" but didn't work. What the service advisor did was a 1 motion - As soon as the hood pops he pulls it up as it pops. He said there will be a feeling of stuck but just pull on it it'll open.
Thanks for that. Indeed as soon as I hear it then I lift. My "moments" are pretty short. Glad you had success.

Reactions: moojimmy
I had the same problem with my '22 PY today, which seemed to have frozen shut from the freezing slop on the roads. Tried twice to open it so I could fill the windshield washer reservoir, which was low, but it would only go far enough to get a few fingers in. When I tried it hours later at home, then it worked fine.