Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with screen and app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since the last update, late October, early November.

The what’s new in the app features appears all the time and pops up every 3-5 minutes, our Tesla app on our phone will not connect and the screen will glitch sometimes.

I contacted Tesla on November 14 and they keep saying the engineers are working on an update to fix the problem.

I have not had much time to research it, but I know I got an email on the replacement of the much, could this be it or do you think it is just a software problem.

I am limiting driving it because I’m afraid it could malfunction and not be drivable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried rebooting your car by pressing the two steering wheel buttons until the displays turn off? This may fix the constant pop up of the latest software changes on the car screen. My latest experience is that the update relased 12/05/2020 (2020.48.10) fixes some of my connectivity issues from the phone app. Check for more software updates. If your car is more than several years old, your software version may vary.