Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla app controls wonky on screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, on iPhone 15 with always latest iOS update and latest Tesla app updates, and a Model Y, I’ve been having problems with the Tesla app over the past few months. Now, it’s about once every day or so.

What happens is that elements of the screen draw incorrectly. Some screen shots below. Sometimes the controls are overlapped. Sometimes the controls are just missing (for the frunk and trunk below). This can occur on the Controls screen or the Climate screen. Clicking on the overlapping icons will do something, but it’s a guess as to which control will be the one to activate.

I have to force quit the app and restart it again to fix the error. Until next time, which is about once per day now.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it fixable, or just something to live with?

Attachments

• IMG_2339.png
    IMG_2339.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2363.png
    IMG_2363.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2428.png
    IMG_2428.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 13
Not seeing that on my iPhone 14 Pro, but do you have any accessibility options enabled in iOS Settings?

I haven’t had the same issue, have you tried offloading the app and reinstalling?

Settings/General/iPhone Storage/Tesla/Offload

Then from the same screen, reinstall.
Agreed. I had some wonky settings in many apps especially mail. Words would be huge or overlapping. They eventually sent an iPhone update that fixed all. It’s an iPhone issue.

I haven’t had the same issue, have you tried offloading the app and reinstalling?
No I hadn’t tried that. I’ve just done it so will see how things go.

I didn’t think that would do anything given that the app has been updated & presumedly fully redownloaded in the process. I had toyed with delete and reinstall but am a bit scared about what that will do with settings, phone key, etc. Has anyone done this & how easy is it to set to everything again?

Not seeing that on my iPhone 14 Pro, but do you have any accessibility options enabled in iOS Settings?
Not any visual accessibility settings.

Thanks. Will see how the offload trick goes.

No I hadn’t tried that. I’ve just done it so will see how things go.

I didn’t think that would do anything given that the app has been updated & presumedly fully redownloaded in the process. I had toyed with delete and reinstall but am a bit scared about what that will do with settings, phone key, etc. Has anyone done this & how easy is it to set to everything again?

Not any visual accessibility settings.

Thanks. Will see how the offload trick goes.
Hey all-

FWIW, I just did the delete and reinstall on the app and it worked. Previously the climate controls on the bottom of the Controls screen were just gone. Now they are back. Hopefully they stay.