Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problems with Tesla Roadside Assistance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LG68

Feb 12, 2022
Houston
I initially loved my Tesla but the aftermarket support has been poor. First, a few months ago I had a flat tire. no help available from roadside assistance but they did send a tow. However the whole experience from call to being able to go home was 6 hours! When I gave a less than perfect review to the service center one of the employees called me and harassed me about the review However recently was put in a very dangerous situation by Tesla that is way more than inconvenience. My alignment was off so I tried to make a service appointment. Tesla couldn’t fit me in for 3 weeks! The day before my appointment my tire blew at 60mph likely because of the delay. The tire debris damaged the drivers side and ripped off the drivers mirror. I called Tesla service: at first they said they would tow me to service center then they said they couldn't come. Even though I specifically told them there was body damage they did not tell me they couldnt repair it until after I paid $300 to tow the car to them. So disappointed. Love my Tesla but safety comes first! Will definitely be looking at another electric car next round

Reactions: VinceZ
Hi:

Let me start by saying my Plaid is the best car I have ever owned, and I have owned most of the top super cars!! Last week I hit a piece of debris on the road and it caused a flat rear left tire. I called roadside assistance from my car. I waited for 20 minutes on the phone, but no one ever came on to help. I think 20 minutes on the phone, by the side of a busy roadway is a lot of time!

So I then called my local mechanic and he quickly came out, put me on a flatbed truck and has since driven up to Ft Myers Tesla from Naples and picked up 4 new tires for me. I have almost 11,000 miles, so I put all 4 new tires on.

EVERYTHING about the car is impressive!!!!!! The negative experience with Roadside Assistance is the first negative experience I have had. So, a suggestion—check out what went wrong and fix it.

Regards,

I had a blow out with my gas car last year. I was stuck on the side of a busy highway from 7pm until 9am the next day. I didn't even get to sleep as I had 4 different tow companies called and said they were on their way but never showed up. all 3 companies ghosted me and my insurance right after they said they were on their way... Nothing like having a tow say they will be there in 2 hours, then never show up. then have to go through the process again setting up a tow with a different company. I f-ing hate the tow companies in my area. Other than waiting on parts from Tesla I've had a good experience with them so far.

Same Bad experience today. Supposed to tow the vehicle at 2.30 PM for tyre replacement ,given them 4 hours heads up > at 2:35 I call them > they say sorry cant make it till 3:30> I drive the vehicle to the tyre shop with the puncture rather than waiting for them and risk missing the appointment.