Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Process to buy w/ PenFed loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(moderator note)

TMC does not allow referral requests to be posted. Specific to DCU, those of you who keep attempting to post about DCU referral codes are already aware of this (which is why every thread that starts to turn into DCU referral codes gets locked). We are aware there is a financial incentive for people to keep trying to do this.

Repeat offenders will start to find their accounts on probation, which means every post they make will go to moderators before being released, or possibly temp banned for a period of time.

Back when I used PenFed, they would issue a draft (they would even overnight it) that any dealer could take for a value of "up to but not to exceed $xx,xxx" (whatever you had applied for). The draft was a kind of blank check.

Do they no longer do that for new car shopping with auto dealers? No VIN or MVPA was needed (as no specific car/dealer had been selected as of yet).

Was it 2-3 days from loan application to Tesla receiving funds?
It was 3 days from when I started the app until they mailed the check, so Tesla received the check on the 4th day, but I think they could have done it faster. Also, I needed to pick up the car on the 3rd day so DCU sent Tesla a picture of the cashiers check with the tracking number and Tesla accepted that.

It was 3 days from when I started the app until they mailed the check, so Tesla received the check on the 4th day, but I think they could have done it faster. Also, I needed to pick up the car on the 3rd day so DCU sent Tesla a picture of the cashiers check with the tracking number and Tesla accepted that.
Thanks. The last part about Tesla accepting the picture of check is great info.

Status
Not open for further replies.