Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Process to transfer Powerwall to new owner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you sell a house that has an existing Powerwall installation, it should be a simple matter of calling Tesla to have the system attached to a different email address and Tesla account. You can even attach a Powerwall system to multiple accounts so you don't have to give your credentials to a family member who also wants to see the PW info.

If you sell a house that has an existing Powerwall installation, it should be a simple matter of calling Tesla to have the system attached to a different email address and Tesla account. You can even attach a Powerwall system to multiple accounts so you don't have to give your credentials to a family member who also wants to see the PW info.

So what is the secret to making this happen for powerwalls? My wife has a separate account. We were able to get her access to our car and the solar installation but somehow I've failed to reach the right people to make it happen for our powerwalls.

So what is the secret to making this happen for powerwalls? My wife has a separate account. We were able to get her access to our car and the solar installation but somehow I've failed to reach the right people to make it happen for our powerwalls.

Well I decided to call support around midnight (I guess that would be yesterday) by now. And lo and behold I got a hold of someone and they were able to map her account in for the powerwalls. So yay my wife has access to all our Tesla products from her own account.

Apropos to the original post, it wasn't a powerwall but solar panels, we purchased a property with Tesla solar. Once that transfer was done I contacted support (I think I had to prod them) and I got the account to show up on my account. I am certain I had contact support to clean up minor things like the names on system. Initially I had access but it had the previous name went to manage the specific product.

Well I decided to call support around midnight (I guess that would be yesterday) by now. And lo and behold I got a hold of someone and they were able to map her account in for the powerwalls. So yay my wife has access to all our Tesla products from her own account.

Apropos to the original post, it wasn't a powerwall but solar panels, we purchased a property with Tesla solar. Once that transfer was done I contacted support (I think I had to prod them) and I got the account to show up on my account. I am certain I had contact support to clean up minor things like the names on system. Initially I had access but it had the previous name went to manage the specific product.

You call Energy Support to get this done?