Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Program for specific conditions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like we’d be able to “train” our vehicles to follow a specific path… like leaving my garage, pulling into my garage, or pulling into the correct driveway at my office and pull into the parking garage. This might work something like macro training in excel.

The training feature could also allow us to “train” for the margin cases in our specific geography.

Seems like we’d be able to “train” our vehicles to follow a specific path… like leaving my garage, pulling into my garage, or pulling into the correct driveway at my office and pull into the parking garage. This might work something like macro training in excel.

The training feature could also allow us to “train” for the margin cases in our specific geography.
Those people who provide training data manage to kill 40,000 of themselves in just the USA ever year. I'd be very nervous about my car "learning" from what it sees out on the road or from random people unless they have had a 100% safety score for a long time. I guess at this point I would have to believe the car is likely a better driver than I am, so even learning from my driving might be problematic.