Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PSA: Firmware won't upgrade while in Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a firmware upgrade notice and tried to install via my phone. It would count down the 2 min and says it would install, but then would just say "updated scheduled for the time I initiated the install", but would never complete. I had Sentry Mode enabled while my car was at home so the update never completed. When I got home, I checked it in the car and it said you had to disable Sentry Mode for the install to complete. I disabled Sentry Mode and it installed. I was texting with Tesla Service and they were unaware of this, so just making others aware.

I got a firmware upgrade notice and tried to install via my phone. It would count down the 2 min and says it would install, but then would just say "updated scheduled for the time I initiated the install", but would never complete. I had Sentry Mode enabled while my car was at home so the update never completed. When I got home, I checked it in the car and it said you had to disable Sentry Mode for the install to complete. I disabled Sentry Mode and it installed. I was texting with Tesla Service and they were unaware of this, so just making others aware.

So you're saying it downloaded the update while sentry mode was enabled, but wouldn't install it?