Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PTFE Seal (Large drive unit)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, please tell me where i can buy an oil seal for a tesla model s rotor with a large engine (seal size 30x55x8), I will attach a photo to the post. I only know a seller on aliexpress (manufacturer Ceimin), but who can help me order an original or a very high-quality analogue?
Or maybe there is an article of the manufacturer of etmx oil seals, since there is no article for this item in the official Tesla catalog
2022-04-21 13.32.23.jpg
2022-04-21 13.32.31.jpg

Last edited:
Guys, please tell me where i can buy an oil seal for a tesla model s rotor with a large engine (seal size 30x55x8), I will attach a photo to the post. I only know a seller on aliexpress (manufacturer Ceimin), but who can help me order an original or a very high-quality analogue?
Or maybe there is an article of the manufacturer of etmx oil seals, since there is no article for this item in the official Tesla catalog
The manufacturer is Chenming Seal in Ningbo, China. I found one "report" using this seal on a Drive Unit on openinverter.org here.

On AliExpress, it also shows a triple lip TTL profile option which may be better than the CTL profile (the "excluder" lip is usually there to keep debris out, but inside the Drive unit, there normally should be no debris, correct me if I am wrong). The manufacturer told me that the minimum seal thickness for the TTL is 10mm instead of the original 8mm.
drawing.png

Reactions: howardc64
I don’t know how :( I’m not in the USA now and I can’t call them myself, but in the tesla catalog I don’t see the article of this particular oil seal
Every part is in the epc parts catalog you just have to find it. it lists everything including the parts that are on the restricted list so you just need to look harder and find a part number. You don't have to be in the USA to buy parts, go to your nearest service center with the part number and ask them to sell it to you, (unless its a restricted part then you've gotta go aftermarket)

For me the catalogue only shows the exterior parts of the Large Drive Unit. No interior parts like the rotor, interior seals, etc. Correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, they are not. It seems to me that it would be a good idea to create an appeal or petition to Tesla so that they open access to the purchase of rear-wheel drive internals.