Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pull-Thru Station Mega-Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to start a pull-thru mega thread to make a list of all stations that are pull-thru and talk about things related to these type of stations. One of the things I'd like, in addition to more of them, is a full battery-operated cyber trailer with interface, so you plug into the car, and it charges the car and the trailer. I think Lightship might be working on that. Any thoughts?

Reactions: Cal1
I'd like to start a pull-thru mega thread to make a list of all stations that are pull-thru and talk about things related to these type of stations. One of the things I'd like, in addition to more of them, is a full battery-operated cyber trailer with interface, so you plug into the car, and it charges the car and the trailer. I think Lightship might be working on that. Any thoughts?
Nothing better to start out a very specific thread by going off subject.

I don't think that you will ever see a trailer that charges the car, just not a need for one. And if you are out in the woods, you want that power for the camper. (I'm assuming that you are talking about a camper, not just a battery with wheels for charging).

Tesla has pull-through, forward straight-in, and "at least I can maneuver the car and trailer and not block many if any pedestals."

And it seems as if the Cybertruck may be problematic at some sites, because of how far forward the plug may be.

Reactions: Rocky_H
I wouldn’t want high current 400v in a trailer harness

Reactions: Rocky_H
No one is suggesting high current, high voltage, or that it has to flow through the trailer harness; just that it charges the trailer components.
A far simpler approach would be for the trailer to simply have its own NACS connector and support the NACS charging standard. The owner would simply plug in the trailer and charge it directly from the SC separately from the car. This greatly simplifies the car and SC dealing with charging two battery sets that have different SoCs and capacities. While this does require two charging sessions, presumably the trailer would only be charged once per day, not necessarily at every charging stop.