Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase an used 2020 Model X long range plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of things to consider. (I have a 2022 MYP)

MYP you can use your phone as a key. X requires a fob
No matrix lights on X, which are incredible. (I used to do retrofits back in the day so well versed in lighting)
Older and slower chip in X than newer Ryzen
Y Is always fast, no need to warm the battery for ludicrous

Y is a rougher ride, by a lot. You cant compete with air suspension on the X.
Smaller than X.
Interior quality is a lot worse than X
No gauge cluster

As far as interior quietness. My 22Yp is decently quiet. I drove a 2018 X today and it was quite loud. It had crappy tires. X should be quieter....

I cant decide if I want to go for a 2020 Raven Performance or not. I would want one with under 30,000 miles in the upper $70's. Auction prices are about there but retail you can find in the low to mid $80's. If the market keeps going down like this then it should be there in a month or two. Mid $70's might be attainable by Spring or maybe sooner.
I'm looking for a similar MX at the moment if I can find what I want before the end of the year. Finding a low-mileage 6-seater with FSD at a reasonable price is not very easy. There's a lot of stuff out there north of $70K though. What auction sites are you looking at?

I wish there was an easier way of contacting private party owners in my area before they trade it in. There are a ton of Teslas on the road where I live, and many are lightly driven and babied by older folks. Many people trade in out of convenience and prefer not to hassle with private party showings and haggling. Tesla and other dealers end up with a lot of excellent vehicles at great prices.

I have an MXP but in your case, I'd get the Y. That said, and not sure how the refresh X compares with the previous gen X, but my MXP handles twisties with way more assurance and agility than the loaner Y I had for 2 two weeks that felt like it was going to flip on every corner. It should handle better given the much lower weight and coil over suspension.

Reactions: Art VandeIay