Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing a 2016 X. Anything I should be aware of?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I currently drive a Model 3 and had ordered a Model Y for my wife. The plan was that she continue to drive her Infiniti QX60 until delivery of the Y in a couple years......however last week I totaled her SUV in a 6 car pileup on the interstate. Now we need something quickly and I've been searching for a used Model X.

I have found a 2016 (March 2016) with 33K miles on it that I am interested in. I'm aware that the autopilot is V1. Are there any other early build issues I should be aware of?

I really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

we have 2 preowned 2016s X. a 90D and a P90DL. only gripe I have is the poor range on the P. 100% is only 227 miles. the other goes to 240. service is scheduled at the end of the month so I will see if they can do something about it. Battery health is something you can't see in the pictures, you just have to drive it awhile and see if you can rebalance it. Just about everything else can and would be fixed. Everything else considered, we have no regrets. I recommend going through Tesla directly for used models vs. non Tesla dealerships or private owners (unless you know them) because they tack on another 4 year/50k warranty if mileage less than 50k, otherwise it's 2 year/100k.

Some permanent differences between new and old (not really issues, but non changeable) that may be deal breakers (both positive and negative)
- AP versions
- individual 2nd row seats vs bench for 7 seaters

Reactions: P85_DA
I have a 2016 75D MX and really haven't had much of any issues with it. My battery loss has been really better than average I think (100% = 224) after almost 50K miles. There is the shuttering issue with hard acceleration that many earlier MX's are experiencing that they don't really have a fix for other than to lower suspension to low (which isn't good for the tires). Other than that, been a great car.

I have found a 2016 (March 2016) with 33K miles on it that I am interested in. I'm aware that the autopilot is V1. Are there any other early build issues I should be aware of?

I just did a lease
return last week of my March 2016 Model X 90D (maybe it's the same car?). I really didn't have any issues with my car other than the initial panel alignment issues. The only lingering issue was that there was a shudder from the front end when accelerating when the suspension was on standard or high. This is an ongoing issue with all Model X's which, as far as I know, has not been resolved. What I liked about that particular model was that it had the active spoiler and ventilated seats - both of which you can't get any more. AP1 is also OK, although not quite as nice as AP2+ now.