Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing used geminis - how to verify tpms is installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you know if the wheels you are purchasing have them? I am beginning to look for a set and I saw an ad stating they do not have tpms and another that they have them. Both have tires on them.

I did a search but I may not have used the correct words to pull up related threads.

How do you know if the wheels you are purchasing have them? I am beginning to look for a set and I saw an ad stating they do not have tpms and another that they have them. Both have tires on them.

I did a search but I may not have used the correct words to pull up related threads.
I just asked the seller when buying mine. I searched and was not able to come up with a solution that did not involve un-mounting just to look inside.

put them on and go for a drive. my used gemini wheels showed TPMS after a few miles of driving. seller told me it had the sensors. I took his word and was not disappointed.

Ps. you will enjoy the ride if your roads suck. range has not changed for me however I am driving in cold weather at the present and range is staying around 300 which is what it showed when I picked it up with 21". zero noticeable affect on handling or acceleration traction.

I just asked the seller when buying mine. I searched and was not able to come up with a solution that did not involve un-mounting just to look inside.

put them on and go for a drive. my used gemini wheels showed TPMS after a few miles of driving. seller told me it had the sensors. I took his word and was not disappointed.

Ps. you will enjoy the ride if your roads suck. range has not changed for me however I am driving in cold weather at the present and range is staying around 300 which is what it showed when I picked it up with 21". zero noticeable affect on handling or acceleration traction.
Did you change you wheels in the center console?

Thanks! I believe most people would be honest about what's in the rims. The roads here do suck big time. I've seen some pics of the wheels coated and with a set of tires a size up I could get used to them.