Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reset TPMS after new TPMS sensor installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The existing TPMS sensors were moved from the stock Uberturbines to the Gemini wheels just installed on my 2020 MYP. The sensor on the left rear does not work. I just received a new TPMS sensor from Tesla. ($101.65) See the pics. Replacing the broken sensor with the new one, physically, should be easy. I can't find out how to get it into the system electronically. All MYP TPMS sensors are bluetooth. I can't see anywhere in the owner's manual how to install a replaced sensor into the system. It might be as simple as doing a press-both-thumbwheels-until-the-screen-goes-black reboot of the system, but I don't see that mentioned anywhere either. Where is this procedure explained? Thanks.

TPMS sensor 01 (Medium).jpg
TPMS sensor 02 (Medium).jpg

Much ado about nothing, it turns out. I put the replacement TPMS sensor in my pocket and drove to the tire place to have it installed. On the way, there was an alert that said, "PULL OVER SAFELY" "a tire has very low pressure" "check for a flat tire" Cool, eh? the sensor had already installed itself when it was in my pocket.

• Funny
Reactions: fiehlsport