Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Putting my MYP on TST 19s - PS4AS or Hanook Ion Evo EV tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm swapping out the stock UberTurbines on PZero Elects to TST 19s.

Anyone have experience or solid reasons to choose the PS4AS or Hankook Ion Evo EV tires over the other?

I'm primarily looking to swap to increase ride comfort (2022 MYP suspension do be rough) and hopefully reducing some low frequency booming noises that are bothering my ears.

I figure the Hankooks will be substantially better than the PS4AS for range and potentially comfort as well.

Is the comfort of the Hankook that much better than the PS4AS to offset the handling benefits of the PS4s?

MYLR 23 owner so slightly different build here but FWIW I ended up going with the Pirelli P7AS Plus 3's on my TST 19's and have driven PSAS4s on 19's before.

The Pirelli's are very cushiony but don't really feel floaty to me, I'd suspect you're going to get better handling if you like performance driving on the PSAS4s but the Pirelli's have great comfort which as someone driving on Boston roads most of the time, I really needed compared to the stock tires plus the better performance in poor weather is nice. No experience with the hankooks.

Noise is fine with the Pirelli's and PSAS4's - I think some of the uberturbine criticism is a little overblown but you will notice a massive difference in comfort going from PZeros on 21's to PSAS4s on 19's (again no experience with those hankooks). It's tough to tell whether that change will be enough for you, there certainly are more comfortable tires but not without trade-offs for performance driving but really either of those tires on those 19's or the Pirelli's will be a substantially softer ride than what you're used to.

Reactions: fetar30310