Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QLD Slimline Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Clemzstar

White Y RWD - Glovis Survivor xD
Oct 4, 2023
Brisbane
Hi all, I have tried to search but cannot find anything on this.

Keen to get a personalised plate (QLD) due to the 15% discount today.

If I get a Flexi Slimline 3 - 4 characters, will that fit on a Model Y with existing mounting or will I need to get any additional accessories? The other option is Slimline 5 - 7 characters. I think it is 291mm vs 372mm

Thanks

Flexi plates don't have holes pre drilled which is a nuisance. I would go framed next time. When I bought my flexi plates years ago, the service manager at Mazda drilled the holes for me, nobody else wanted to touch it as they are very easily cracked.
Didn't know about the holes. I will have to see if I can find a frame for it then.

Hi all, I have tried to search but cannot find anything on this.

Keen to get a personalised plate (QLD) due to the 15% discount today.

If I get a Flexi Slimline 3 - 4 characters, will that fit on a Model Y with existing mounting or will I need to get any additional accessories? The other option is Slimline 5 - 7 characters. I think it is 291mm vs 372mm

Thanks
Hey everyone,

For your personalized plate on your Model Y, a Flexi Slimline with 3-4 characters should fit well on your Model Y without additional accessories. It's designed to match standard mounting. The size difference between 291mm and 372mm is notable, so consider your aesthetic preference, but both should fit without any issue.

Regarding your post about roof racks and using Thule accessories with the OEM crossbars, your detailed analysis is impressive. If you're looking for accessories, TESERY offers a range of high-quality products, including floor mats, cargo organizers, and more. Check them out here: Tesla Model Y Accessories.

For roof racks, your solution with Yakima Universal Mighty Mounts and Thule square bars seems innovative. It's great that you've considered various use cases and provided a comprehensive parts list. However, do remember that modifying your car's components could impact warranty, so proceed with caution.

Hope this helps, and congrats on your new Model Y! 😊