Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quality Control?? Delivered Model 3 with Major Issues!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"$3,750 goes a long way towards handbags and shoes. You don't get that in 2019 where the cars will be of higher cosmetic quality."

I'm sorry, but I can find no agreement in that statement what so everl.
"Handbags and shoes?" If that is where your interest and values are ...... a Tesla is not for you.

Said before and I wont's repeat in total ..... I do not expect a 100% perfect Tesla. There is no such thing in ANY vehicle.
But I do expect value for my dollars .......... that I worked many long hours over many years to accumulate.
Tesla's business model appears to be ..... crank those puppies out as fast as you can, and depend on the SC to correct all of the deficiencies.

One writer termed it "SERVICE HELL."

Reactions: MaxSpeedM3
These are definitely not major issues.... very minor and can easily be corrected. Mine on the other hand... the entire car is being repainted due to bubbles in every body panel, clear coat streaking, buff marks, headlights look like they were pinched, back bumper not attached on either side... been at the service center for 6 weeks and counting :-/ Not too happy at this point... but I know they'll make it right in the end.

Holy crap! Wow, I'm sorry. Yeah, makes my issue very very minor. Hope you can get it resolved. I looked at the return policy and it can be returned under certain circumstances. Keep us posted! Best of luck!

I totally understand your reasoning. Unless you were there watching the job whole time you do not know the truth. Now I am not saying it's definitely the tint shop causing it, and it's equally likely that the windshield came like that. The issue is that the tint shop failed to report the issue before continuing the job causing this conflict.

When a dealership tries to blame the owner that their aftermarket modification caused an issue that is a possibility but in fact not, some people restore their parts to original parts and claimed warranty. I'll leave it at that and you can decide how you want to proceed.

I spoke to another person and same thing. I tried. I am planning to take the tint off the front windshield and see if that helps with the scratches. My tint shop said sometimes the tint brings out the imperfections. Maybe it will help. I'll also look into polishing out the window. Saw something on YouTube that I might try.

I spoke to another person and same thing. I tried. I am planning to take the tint off the front windshield and see if that helps with the scratches. My tint shop said sometimes the tint brings out the imperfections. Maybe it will help. I'll also look into polishing out the window. Saw something on YouTube that I might try.

Do you have a zero/low deductible glass replacement policy with your auto insurance? If not, you should really considered getting it. Mine only cost me $17 a year. My windshield on the model 3 was broken and the cost to replace was just under $1000. I paid $100 and my insurance paid the rest.. and my insurance also paid me for 1 day loss of use for $50 because Tesla took the car for a day. If Tesla took the car for 2 days... the windshield replacement would have been free. Best $17 ever spent.

• Informative
Reactions: outie