Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quantified Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I know things like:

Temperature of battery in storage and in use
C rate in charging of battery
Calendar age
Cycle age
How deep each cycle is
How much of the max possible its charged too when lithium ion
If its charged to 100% how long it stays at the full state
etcetc

What Id like to get a better picture for is quantifying all this over generalizations

Like an owner who pretty much just does 75% charges using a C rate of say one tenth over a similar owner subject to all the same temperatures and cycles and everything but does 100% charges using the same C rate where that 100% SOC lasts for 12 hours each night

And then on and on with other imagined scenarios

Who has got valid accurate trusted actual metrics? Or a reasonable model to predict likely outcomes?

There are definitely threads about this, just do a little searching.

You'll find two camps. One is the 50-55% camp and the other is follow Tesla's guidance.

Depending on the battery, 100% may or may not be recommended.

But in either case, the battery doesn't self-destruct, it only shows a difference of maybe 10% degradation between the two.

I've done nothing to baby my battery, charging to 80-90% nightly and 100% when going on trips. It's over 5 years old and just has 7% degradation.

C Rate doesn't mean that much since Tesla conditions the battery. Supercharger rates aren't problematic. Actually some of the Teslas with the most miles are only charged on Superchargers.