Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question about the manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
>>The onscreen should be current. The PDF should tell you the version it matches. I think it’s only periodically updated (major versions).<<

The current .pdf on my PC says 2020.4 - which bears no relevance to the car's current software which is 2020.20.13!

Drivers and ultimately Tesla are going to get into legal bother if cars are flying around with complex systems that owners are unaware of.

Vehicle autopilots are arguably far more demanding than aircraft autopilots: despite operating in one fewer dimension, the environment is hugely more complicated and also filled with unpredictable happenings. FSD - if it ever comes about with the current technology, which I doubt - logically requires the same level of training, maintenance and discipline that aviation provides, and access to up-to-date information on the operation of all the cars' systems surely should be a priority?

As I said; the PDF is periodically updated. 2020.4 is about February 1. How many new features have changed in just over four months? Not many. Added? One or two. The on-board manual is supposed to be the primary source, which, if you contact Tesla, what I bet you’ll be told.