Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on delivery timing scheduling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in a bit of a pickle, so I'm curious to hear input from some Tesla fans. I plan on getting the LR PUP RWD Model 3, which, last week said 3-6 weeks for delivery. I'm moving first week of august to a new state, so I didn't want to order until I moved since the delivery window was so soon post-ordering. Now, with the Premium connectivity thing ending June 30th, and the new estimate of 3-5 months, it seems like a no-brainer for me to order right this moment, and get the car this fall once I'm well passed moved in. But with some reports here that their car is ready in a few weeks, I'm wondering that, if that happens, would I be in a terrible situation? Would Tesla charge me to delay the day of delivery?

I called Tesla and asked, and they said they felt pretty confident about it taking a couple months, since I'm on the east coast. But a few threads here have me worried. Ideally, if the 'worst-case' happened and I ordered now and they said "pick it up in mid-July!" and I said sorry, I can't until August.. is that ok?

just order the car today before july 1.

you're like Months to a Year before getting your car don't worry about it. If you look closely theres only a handful of people getting it early...

I don't trust anything that comes out to Tesla anymore! It's all estimates... at the end we are fools... corporations always win.