Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question on rear brake part # (2017-2021pre refresh)

I'm trying to find a used rear brake caliper for my 2017 Model X which has the rear Mando single piston brake calipers. Got a frozen bleeder valve that I am struggling to remove and would like to have a spare caliper on hand in case I or the brake shop muck it up and I need to replace the entire caliper. I think the price from the SC is over $400 for a brand new one. Looking on the official parts catalog, it looks like that particular caliper would be the following - REAR BRAKE CALIPER WITHOUT PAD KIT - RH - MANDO 1097415-00-A. Searching online , ebay etc, I am finding absolutely zero using that part #. Oddly, I keep seeing used Model S rear Mando brakes for sale online but have a different part #1078542 like this one. According the official parts catalog, the Model S should use the exact same brake as the Model X for those years. And that one does look exactly like my rear model X one and has the same stamped numbers on it. However, the tesla catalog has that part #1078542 showing up for a pre-2016 model S which is odd given all those should have the Brembo rear calipers and separate EPB? Wonder if these resellers are getting the part number wrong. I've got a query out to my SC to confirm the exact part # but thought I'd reach out to see if anyone has recently replaced a rear Mando brake (through the official channels or from resellers) and can also confirm the part #. thanks

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC