Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions for MYP owners who went with 275/35/21 & 295/35/21.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My preference is to stick with the Pilot Sports and work with Discount Tire as both have always been awesome.

Which Pilot Sports did you go with? DT has a couple versions on their website in that size, and the website warns that neither fit my car. Sticking with just the XL rated ones, they are
275 /35 R21 103Y XL BSW
295 /35 R21 107Y XL BSW.

Will those work?

Tire rack has:
275/35R21 103V XL MO1 Mercedes
295/35R21 107V XL MO1 Mercedes

Negatives seem to be range reduction and possibly noise increase. I saw one post that said they had a 5-8% range reduction, but I'm not sure which tire they used.

Did anyone have a noticeable noise increase from the extra width?

My goal is to get a little parking lot rim protection. I scraped them twice in the early days of ownership and had them refinished. Though I am much more meticulous at parking around curbs these days. Of course added grip and handling would be welcome. Also, the non-stretched look would be nice, as would the slight increase in the oversize in the wheel well.

If it feels too sketchy, I'll stick with the OEM Pilot Sports. Surprisingly, DT doesn't have them. They do show a Pilot Sport EV, but it is on backorder. TR does have them and DT can get anything from TR as they are the same company, so no biggie.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

nf

Reactions: Discount Tire
My goal is to get a little parking lot rim protection. I scraped them twice in the early days of ownership and had them refinished.
Though I am much more meticulous at parking around curbs these days.

I would recommend adding a new user setting with the passenger mirror lowered in such way that you can see the rear right wheel.
And change to this user setting before starting to perform a parallel parking.

• Informative
Reactions: Noflash