Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick nav question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

have a 2020 model x - a couple of map issues

1. My other recent cars show roadwork speed limits. Eg on the A19 today was in a temporary 40 zone which my Volvo and the wife’s bmw show. My Tesla just shows the speed limit as 70? Am I missing something ?

2. my son wanted to call at McDonalds today so I put it in the nav - it didn’t show one I knew was there. I went to it and it’s on the satellite image but it labeled as a McDonald’s? are the maps not updated regularly ?

cheers

Rob

Volvo use MobilEye which reads the signs as you approach them, same as Teslas with AP1 Volvo Archives - Mobileye

Tesla Autopilot AP1 vs AP2 vs AP3 - Differences Explained - AutoPilot Review

hfrtyujnb.png

Does anyone know where Tesla’s nav system gets road closure info? A road near me was closed for a couple of days recently on a route I use frequently. It took the nav system about a day to stop routing via the closed road. The road has now been open for about a week but the system is still avoiding it suggestng another 6 miles on a 16 mile journey.It clearly can’t be monitoring traffic to see if the road is open - unlike my trusty Tom Tom.