Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random silent seat heater activation, or is it just my imagination?

Did you feel like the seats were suddenly heating in summer despite heating being off?

• Yes, and I'm sure it's the seat heating.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but it's just my perception after longer drives, not actually the seats.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but I'm not sure what it is.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No, what the hell are you talking about.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drive quite long distances in my 3 which is a real pleasure. Even now, as the weather is generally in the range of 30-35 degrees C, the seats generally are very comfy and don't feel hot at all. However, and please take this with a HUGE grain of salt, sometimes it feels like the seat heater comes on all of a sudden. I can drive for like an hour and everything is fine, and then suddenly the seat is hot. It's not me being sweaty, it's just extremely hot all of a sudden. I checked if maybe I accidentally switched the seat heating on, but no, it shows as off.

Now, I really cannot say for sure that this is coming from the seats. Maybe I'm imagining things! But I'd like to hear if someone knows what I'm talking about, and if this is something you experienced before. Or if, which is very possible, I'm just imagining things.

I tried a few things today: I kept my back against the seat at all times and noticed that I felt no excessive heat. But when I lifted my back for a bit (20-30 seconds), and then leant back, it felt hot. So my guess is it may actually have been my own personal perception caused by my back being cooled by air while not resting against the seat.

Admittedly, I'm not used to leather seats, having driven a Zoe, BMW 116i, Volvo S80 and other cars with fabric seats before.

Went to workshop and test said no the heating. Musured myself with IR thermometer and it is 37 dgs Celcius. Body temp. So very noticable. Found out that air Outlet under Seat on passenger side (not used) give's more air than driver Seat. Also blocks the electric cable the Outlet. Not found a solution