Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ready to talk tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 MYP with 21” Ubers (201 miles to date). Seeing a bunch of folks here changing out to different configurations. Can someone help me and summarize what they feel is the best, and why? I’m looking not stay with a set year round as I’m in mid-Atlantic (not too snowy). Usually average 10k miles a year, with 2-3 1000 mile road trips (round trip). I’m looking to balance performance and efficiency, and I don’t mind the ride quality of the “21’s. Should I just stay as is, and ignore the noise :). I’m happy but could I be “happier” while a saving a buck or two ? :) Also, if I go with 19” Gemini’s for example, would I be voiding any type of Tesla warranty (not tires warranty, I know). Your thoughts, as I don’t know what I don’t know?

Last edited:
Thanks Buddha. I just wonder if I am ok with 21” why wouldn’t I want to save a buck or two and get the equally attractive (IMO) 20” blacks or the just fine looking 19” Gemini’s. What do folks with 21” say about the reason they stay the course, or what do former 21’s say about the reason they switched and how did it work out for them? Any regrets either way?

I like how 21" looks and don't find suspension too stiff. The only concern I have is a possibility of damaging rims if I hit bad pothole,
Selling used 21" wheels will likely be less $$ than I have to spend on new 20" and I like how 21" looks on my car more. So, I've decided to stay with my beautiful 21' :)
I curbed my back wheel yesterday, taking a turn a bit closer than I thought I was.

Honestly, I was expecting the ride on 21” to be harsher, but it could be the ride on my previous 2019 Honda HR-V was just harsh (235/50/17 with lowered suspension).

So, as far as comfort goes, I wouldn’t mind keeping the size.

But as I started this post with, I curbed a wheel. So, I ordered some aftermarket 19x8, which will make them 1.5“ narrower in front and 2.5” narrower in back, then paired with 255/45/19 tires, keeping the section width with the hope that it reduces the chance of me curbing wheels again.

Plus, the combo is lighter, so it should help with all my short delivery trips.

I am keeping the 21” wheels. I can always put them on if I want to be more aggressive or ever go to the track (been on a track once ever and it was with a 2010 Honda Fit Sport). And I can also use them as paired spares if I need to.