Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real World Expectations - Service

Have you had an issue requiring service since taking delivery?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery is scheduled in about two weeks. First time Tesla owner coming from an MB C300. From following these forums the last year or so, it seems like nearly every delivery has an issue or two that requires service soon after delivery. This troubles me given the nearest SC is about 3 hours away. Not too mention the fact that it's a brand new car needing service.

Poll - How many of you out there with M3 in hand have yet to have a service need after taking delivery? Trying to estimate the odds of me having a service need soon after delivery. I'd think brand new car would mean no service needs for a long time, but want to be realistic.

Thanks everyone!

Poll needs another option: Possibly Yes. The yellow tire icon has been lit on my car since taking delivery just over a month ago. It's not the TPMS as they all are reading okay. At first, one tire wasn't registered so I reset the system. Then I found all of the tires were pumped up to 47-48psi. All are now at 42. I reported it, along with a note that I'd keep an eye on things and if it gets worse, I'd bring it in. The second thing which might need service is that I'm having problems with getting the car to recognize my home's wireless system. It appears that if I have my access point transmitting on channel 1, the car doesn't see it. If I change the wireless router to channel 6, then it does see it but can't/won't connect. Still trying to troubleshoot this problem. One time the screen blanked out for about a minute while I was driving but came back on all by itself. Since it hasn't totally died, I don't think it warrants a service call just yet. Last night while I was out in my driveway working on the wireless issue, I tried closing the driver's window with the door still open and it went up, then about halfway back down. Not the little drop of a inch like normal, but 8 or 9 inches down. Tried closing the window a couple of more times (full up once on the switch for auto-close) and it did the same thing. I had to fully open the window, then close it before it worked normally.