Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Armrest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When the rear armrest is folded down for a little while and then close there is a black dirt mark there every time from something internal. At first I thought it was some friends that sat in the backseat that caused it but it wasn’t. I had a Tesla mobile come and service it and they said it wouldn’t come back again. Surprise! Here it is. The tech gave me his personal cell phone number I texted him and he told me to put in another service call for it. What a waste of time.
4DBFA8F8-424D-4691-84A3-83AD1D646E88.jpeg

Reactions: doc5339
The fold-down rear armrest only appears in 2021/2022 LR/Plaid. Was not available in the S manufactured in 2020 or older.

Checked my S, and I don't have any marks in that area. Opening it about 10 inches, you can feel the inside center of the bottom crack. There is something like a pad that is a bit sticky on the side. It sounds like that pad has moved or wasn't installed properly on your car and maybe transferring goo to the armrest that picks up dirt. It didn't leave any black marks on my fingers, so it could be something else. I'm sure Tesla can solve it, but it might require pulling the armrest apart. Good luck!

Reactions: DerbyDave