Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear quarter glass replacement delay.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the rear quarter glass on my Model S broke while in San Francisco in October (made the mistake of parking on the street). Tesla has cancelled/rescheduled the service 4 time because the parts are not available. At this point I have no confidence that they are even on any sort of schedule for production and delivery.

I tried Safelite but they can only get the aftermarket glass without the trim pre-attached. The Safelite technician basically recommended that I don’t go with the aftermarket glass because they say that the trim will not lay flat over the new glass. Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket quarter glass on a model s that can share how it went. Or, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this fixed? I’m live north of San Francisco and work in the East Bay.

Last edited:
I am having the same problem with getting my rear drive unit replaced. It took five months for Tesla to correctly diagnose the problem. And now SC has just rescheduled the replacement for the fourth time due to supply chain problems. In the meantime, the drive unit is getting louder each week. Worried it will leave me stranded before they get around to replacing it.

Presumably the delay (parts, not diagnosis) isn’t Tesla specific and other car manufacturers are having the same issues. I guess.