Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breaking rear quarter window with tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone with tint had their small rear quarter window broken into? How does the window behave with tint on? Does it break without getting all over the place?

I’m going in for tint and was going with xpel cr and was curious if the film keeps the glass from shattering into the car. Ideally this would minimize cleanup.

Im in the Bay and sadly already expecting the window to be broken into one day.

Reactions: brianbcc and jskco
If you have ever seen what happens to a windshield when it shatters.... A window tinted with a high-quality product should simulate that. Obviously it does not turn into a high-end laminated glass, but the glass tends to stay stuck to it.

Reactions: brianbcc
I can confirm that with tint, most of it stays attached to the tint. There will still be some broken glass but not nearly as much as there is without it. I did install some additional protection on the quarter window of my model S once. It was a very thick, clear cover meant to not allow the window to be penetrated. It worked! Thieves tried smashing it but could not penetrate it. Unfortunately they just broke the bigger window and reached in to open the seats. Nothing in the car but realized I should leave that plastic film off as I'd rather just the little window get smashes vs. the big one. Frustrating either way.