Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat belt warning flashes on/off when rear seats folded down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super annoying on long trips so far. I have to keep swiping the alerts away, but this can't be a "feature", right? I fold down the rear seats so I can put down a blanket and put my dogs in the car, and every few seconds while I drive I get warnings that someone is in the back seat and doesn't have their seat belt on.

Super annoying on long trips so far. I have to keep swiping the alerts away, but this can't be a "feature", right? I fold down the rear seats so I can put down a blanket and put my dogs in the car, and every few seconds while I drive I get warnings that someone is in the back seat and doesn't have their seat belt on.
I noticed the other day too. I filed a bug report.

You can temporarily mute a seat belt reminder associated with a rear seating position. This is useful in situations when you are carrying an object in a rear seat that triggers the seat belt reminder alert. To mute the reminder, touch the associated seat on the seat belt reminder card that displays on the touchscreen when a seat belt reminder alert is active. When a reminder is muted, the seat belt reminder icon is replaced by a seat icon. Touch the seat again to unmute the reminder. The reminder is disabled for the current drive only.